You are currently connected to the Biotech Dental Smilers website. 305, Allées de Craponne – 13300 Salon-de-Provence, France. A simplified company limited by shares (S.A.S.) with a capital of 125,000€. Corporate and Trade Register of Salon de Provence: 801 674 375 – SIRET: 801 674 375 00010 – VAT no.: FR 93 80 167 437 5. Non contractual visuals.
Manufacturer: Biotech Dental Smilers. Class IIa custom-made medical devices for dental alignment. Read the instructions carefully. No refund from French social security.
CEO: Philippe VERAN
Publishing Director: Philippe VERAN
Website design and development
Biotech Dental Smilers Group
Name: WP Engine
Head office address: 504 Lavaca St Ste 1000, Austin, Texas, 78701, United States
Intellectual Property Rights
The products, names of products or services, logos, images, videos, documents, etc. and any other distinctive sign of the company Biotech Dental, which are displayed on the Website are protected by French, European or any other applicable law.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction is strictly prohibited.
This website contains links to third-party websites (“external links”). These websites are the responsibility of their respective operators. The presence of external links on the website does not mean that Biotech Dental endorses the content connected by the hyperlinks. Biotech Dental has checked that the content associated with external links does not violate current legislation. To date, no violation of the law has been reported. Biotech Dental has no influence on the current and future design and content of the linked pages. However, if a violation of the law is brought to the group’s attention, Biotech Dental will remove the corresponding links as soon as possible.
With the development of new communication tools, we need to be particularly attentive to the protection of privacy. Biotech Dental Smilers®, as data controller, undertakes to respect the confidentiality of the personal information it collects and the legislation in force regarding the processing of personal data, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation no. 2016/679 (“GDPR”). This policy ( as well as our general terms and conditions of sale) is intended to inform you of our practices regarding the collection, use and sharing of information that you may provide to us through our platform accessible from the https://www.smilers.com website (referred to as the ” Website “). It describes how we process the personal data that we collect and that you provide to us. We recommend that you read it carefully.
1. Collected information
When you use our Website, you provide us with information, some of which identifies you (“Personal Data”). They may include:
- The data required to register for the service we provide on our Website. This data includes your first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, gender, telephone number and password. These information are mandatory. Otherwise, we will not be able to provide you with the products and/or services offered by our Website and you will not be authorised to create an account on our Website,
- Data relating to enquiries. When you send us a request by e-mail or telephone, we may collect your name and e-mail address. These information enable us to answer your question and get back to you.
- Data relating to your use of our online services. Our online services collect browsing data which may make it possible to identify your terminal when you access or consult our Website. In this context, we are likely to collect the IP address of the terminal connected to the Internet, the type of browser and operating system used, as well as other automatically processed data such as your Internet access provider, the website from which you accessed our Website, the number of pages consulted on our Website, the use made of our Website, the time spent on each page of our Website, etc. This data may be used to ensure that our Website operates properly, to set up our services and to monitor the analysis of traffic on our Website. This section gives examples of the personal data that we may collect on our Website and how this personal data may be used. If you do not wish us to collect your personal data, we ask you not to communicate them to us, nor to use our services or access our Website. With your prior consent, we may transfer your personal data to our business partners who are members of the Biotech Dental group.
2. Processing data controller
The person responsible for processing your personal data is: Biotech Dental Smilers, 305, Allées de Craponne – 13300 Salon-de-Provence – France. A simplified company limited by shares (S.A.S.) with a capital of 125,000€
Corporate and Trade Register of Salon de Provence: 801 674 375 – SIRET: 801 674 375 00010 – VAT no.: FR 93 80 167 437 5
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: +33 (0)4 13 22 82 40
Our Data Protection Officer is: Mr Jonathan NAVE (email@example.com ).
3. How personal data are collected
Passive collection: when you visit and interact with our Website, personal data may be collected passively, as you may not be aware that the data in question are being collected during these visits or interactions. Collected information may include the following: IP address of Website visitors, information linked to the IP address, MAC (Media Access Control) address of the system, information on the network configuration, etc. We also use “cookies” to collect anonymous information about visitors. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to the user’s computer hard drive by its browser. By doing so, we can customise your future visits and save you time during your browsing. You can prevent cookies from being used in your browser by deactivating this feature. Direct collection: we may also collect data from you when you provide us with information via the Website. For example, if you contact us to benefit from products and services, ask questions or send us your remarks or comments about the Website or our products and services, we may record the information you provide, including any personal data, in order to process your request efficiently. If you do not wish your personal data to be collected directly, we ask you not to provide them to us.
4. How long we keep personal data
Personal data collected on our Website are archived 5 years after the last use of our Website, without prejudice to retention obligations or limitation periods. They are kept for 3 years for marketing and prospecting purposes. Some categories of personal data may be kept for different periods, especially financial data, which are kept for the period required by applicable tax and accounting laws. For accounting purposes, they are kept for 10 years from the end of the financial year.
5. Use of collected personal data
We use the data we collect to:
- Perform the contracts concluded between you and us or between us and our business partners and provide you with the information and products and/or services requested: process required for the performance of our respective contractual obligations,
- Send you information about our products and/or services by e-mail or any other means of communication: process required for the performance of our respective contractual obligations, It is produced with your consent
- To inform you of changes to our products and/or services: processing necessary to fulfil our respective contractual obligations, to comply with our legal obligations and/or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim,
- To improve and optimize our Platforms, in particular to ensure that the display of our content is adapted to your device; processing based on our legitimate interest (to provide you with relevant content),
- Help us maintain a safe and secure environment on our Platforms: process based on our legitimate interest (ensuring the security of our Platforms), required to comply with our legal obligations and/or required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
6. Sharing personal data
When required by law or regulation, we seek your consent before disclosing information about you. However, in some cases, your consent is given as part of the contract signed between us. Your personal data are intended for BIOTECH DENTAL Group companies, for their service providers based in the European Union or in third countries and, if necessary, for their partners. We commit not to sell, rent or disclose your personal data to other entities without your consent or if you have expressed your opposition.
7. Rights relating to personal data
In accordance with Articles 15 to 22 of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016, subject to meeting the conditions set out in these articles, you have the possibility to:
- Access all your personal data
- Rectify inaccurate and/or incomplete data
- Have your data erased. Subject to proving your identity, and whenever possible, you may request the portability of your personal data. You may also request that such processing be restricted, and object at any time to the processing of such data based on your personal situation. However, the person in charge may refuse your request if he can prove legitimate and imperious reasons which prevail over the interests and rights and freedoms of the user, the exercise or the defense of his legal rights. The person in charge specifies that this right of objection may also be used by the user when the data are only processed for prospecting purposes. Furthermore, when the only legal basis for processing is the consent given by the user, the user may withdraw this consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us by post or e-mail: Biotech Dental Smilers – 305, Allées de Craponne – 13300 Salon-de-Provence or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Security of personal data
We are committed to ensuring the security of the data you send us. In order to prevent any unauthorised access, use, modification, destruction, loss, damage or disclosure, and to protect the data collected, appropriate technical and organisational measures have been taken. The personal data we collect are kept in a secure environment. Our employees are committed to respecting the confidentiality of your information. To ensure the security of your personal data, we use the following measures: SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol, – Computer back-up. We are committed to maintaining a high level of confidentiality by incorporating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. However, as no mechanism provides maximum security, there is always an element of risk when internet is used to transmit personal information. In the event of a violation of your personal data, we must notify the competent supervisory authority and inform you, as soon as possible, of any violation of personal data likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms, so that you can take the appropriate measures.
09. Transfer of personal data outside the European Union
As a general rule, we store your Personal Data within the European Union. If, in some cases, your personal data should be transferred outside the European Union, we ensure that this transfer is performed in compliance with the applicable regulations and guarantees a sufficient level of protection for the privacy and fundamental rights of individuals.
Salon-de-Provence, 1st of August 2021